Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This salad not only looks beautiful, and tastes great, but it is very easy to make. It goes with anything! I have paired it with corned beef, submarine sandwiches, as well as picnic's, brunches, and pot-lucks.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Delicious! I made a few changes, I reduced the celery, used only green cabbage, used seasoned salt and lots fresh ground black pepper, I also added in 1 teaspoon garlic powder, make certain to hand-squeeze out all excess moisture in the carrots or you will have a very liquidy salad, I finely-grated one lare carrot for this, that was plenty for this salad, great recipe thanks for sharing hon!
- 1⁄2 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 6 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Shred cabbage and mix with finely chopped onion, celery, bell peppers and grated carrots.
- Add salt, pepper, sugar, olive oil, and white wine vinegar.
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Add mayonnaise and caraway seeds, if using, and toss lightly, until mixture is creamy.