Vegetable Coconut and Peanut Curry
- Measure out 7/8 cup hot water in a large jug, add the peanut butter and stir until it dissolves. Stir in the tomato paste, lime zest and juice, Thai fish sauce and soy sauce.
- Remove the leaves from the cilantro and set aside. Chop the stalks and roots as finely as possible and mix with the chopped chili peppers, garlic and ginger.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onions over a high heat for a few minutes until they start to soften and slightly brown.
- Add the carrots and fry for 2 minutes, followed by the squash. Fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle over the chili mixture, cook for one minute and pour over the coconut milk and the peanut butter mixture. Simmer until the liquid has reduced a little and the vegetables are tender – about 25 – 30 minutes.
- For the last minute add the spinach, allowing it to wilt a little. Season to taste, sprinkle with the coilantro leaves and chopped roasted peanuts. Serve.