Recipe by Theresa P
This is one of my favorite winter time soups! Really comforting on a cold day! Very easy to make and everyone I know seems to love it. This re-heats well but it never lasts longer than a day at my house!
Top Review by Merlot
Wonderful! Talk about comfort food, this is it! Perfect for a cold winter day. I made this exactly as stated, it is so easy to make and so flavorful. Loved the combination of cheese and vegtables. Thank you for a great recipe, Theresa!!
- 3 cups diced peeled potatoes (1-inch dice)
- 2 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 2 cups diced celery
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 3 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup cooked diced ham (1-inch cubes)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a soup kettle add all vegetables and the 3 cups water and chicken bouillon.
- Simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a large saucepan melt butter.
- Stir in flour and cook for 2-3 minutes until nice and bubbly.
- Whisk in milk; bring to a boil.
- Add this to the vegetable-water mixture in soup kettle.
- Bring all to a simmer and add ham and shredded cheese.
- Bring to a simmer again and cook until cheese is melted and all is heated through.
- Serve and ENJOY!