- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 2 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 5 cups normandy blend frozen mixed vegetables
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large pot.
- Add in onions, red bell pepper, and thyme, and cook until veggies are softened.
- Add milk, potatoes and water, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat once boiling and simmer until the potatoes are almost tender.
- Add the frozen veggies and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Take out 2 cups of soup, with veggies, puree and return to the pot.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.