Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Weight Watchers: 365-day Menu Cookbook. Lots of fresh vegetables in a healthier version of chowder.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 1 cup mushroom, cut into quarters
- 1 cup cut green beans, 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in lrg pot; add next 7 ingredients and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 10 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients except milk and parsley; simmer 30 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in milk; heat but do not boil! Garnish with parsley.