Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
No cheese in this chowder!
- 1 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup potato, cubed
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup cauliflower, cut in small pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- Place first 7 ingredients in an extra large saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender.
- Add half and half and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in margarine and serve warm.
This seemed like a good base recipe. I wanted a lower fat content so I used fat free evaporated milk in place on the half and half and skipped the butter addition completely. I added the milk after the veggies were cooked and with a good rounded tsp of cornstarch mixed in (I made a 1/2 recipe). I also added some poultry seasoning with the veggies. It made a very nice soup.