Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy, quick and yummy. What more can you ask for..... Your kids will eat these veggies!!
Make and share this Vegetable Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups potatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cheese
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Mix water, potato, carrots, onion and celery in soup pot. Cook till tender crisp.
- Meanwhile saute butter, mushrooms and garlic in frying pan. Add to soup.
- Mix flour with milk well and add gradually to soup. Stir till thick. Add cheese and stir till melted.
- Add corn and bacon. Let simmer a few minutes and serve.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.