Recipe by That is Dr House to you
From Time Life's Great Taste Low Fat. Use the Vegetable broth if a meatless dish is desired or use Chicken broth if you want meat.
Top Review by jennifer in new jersey
excellent; 3 yr old daughter and i really liked it. followed recipe except used very thin fettuccine; was more like a spaghetti noodle. opted for the low sodium soy sauce and the low sodium chicken broth. will make again. list of ingredients were easy enough; as were directions. thanks for sharing.
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon dark oriental sesame oil
- 6 scallions, thin slice
- 4 garlic cloves, fine chop
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, fine chop
- 1 red bell pepper, thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper, thin strips
- 2 celery ribs, 1/4 inch slices
- 1⁄2 lb button mushroom, halved
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable broth, meatless option or 3⁄4 cup low-sodium low-fat chicken broth, meat option
- 3 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos or 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- If needed cut peppers and celery a few hours ahead then combine in a sealable bag or cover bowl and refrigerate until you use.
- Yes you must use dark sesame oil the other won't work. Broth used is optional use only one of the broths listed. Do NOT use both. If the dark sesame oil is too strong [this is a strong oil taste]reduce it to taste with light cooking sesame oil.
- In boil water cook the pasta until tender. Drain well.
- Now in no stick skillet or wok, heat the semsame oil until hot but not smoking over medium heat. Add the scallions, garlic and ginger and stir fry until scallions are tender crisp about 1 minute.
- Add the peppers, celery and mushrooms and stir fry until peppers and celery are tender crisp. About 4 minutes.
- Add pasta and stir fry until lightly crisp aobut 1 minute.
- In small bowl combine the rest of the ingredients along with rest of oil. Pour into skillet and cook stirring slightly for a minute until thickened.
- For Vegans and Vegetarians you are cooking for use the meatless option. And no chicken is not Vegetarian.