That is Dr House to you's Note:
From Time Life's Great Taste Low Fat. Use the Vegetable broth if a meatless dish is desired or use Chicken broth if you want meat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon dark oriental sesame oil
- 6 scallions, thin slice
- 4 garlic cloves, fine chop
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, fine chop
- 1 red bell pepper, thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper, thin strips
- 2 celery ribs, 1/4 inch slices
- 1/2 lb button mushroom, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth, meatless option or 3/4 cup low-sodium low-fat chicken broth, meat option
- 3 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos or 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1If needed cut peppers and celery a few hours ahead then combine in a sealable bag or cover bowl and refrigerate until you use.
- 2Yes you must use dark sesame oil the other won't work. Broth used is optional use only one of the broths listed. Do NOT use both. If the dark sesame oil is too strong [this is a strong oil taste]reduce it to taste with light cooking sesame oil.
- 3In boil water cook the pasta until tender. Drain well.
- 4Now in no stick skillet or wok, heat the semsame oil until hot but not smoking over medium heat. Add the scallions, garlic and ginger and stir fry until scallions are tender crisp about 1 minute.
- 5Add the peppers, celery and mushrooms and stir fry until peppers and celery are tender crisp. About 4 minutes.
- 6Add pasta and stir fry until lightly crisp aobut 1 minute.
- 7In small bowl combine the rest of the ingredients along with rest of oil. Pour into skillet and cook stirring slightly for a minute until thickened.
- 8For Vegans and Vegetarians you are cooking for use the meatless option. And no chicken is not Vegetarian.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Chow Mein
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.4
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 48.3 mg
- Sodium 335.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Braggs liquid aminos