1/3 Photos of Vegetable Chop Suey
This is another gem to add to your vegetarian collection. It is healthy, easy to make, and delicious. Adapted from "Cookshelf Vegetarian" Tip: Cut all vegetables the same size so they cook evenly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 3/4 ounces broccoli florets
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 3 1/2 ounces bean sprouts
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup cashews (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chili oil (optional)
- 1Heat oil in a wok until oil is almost smoking.
- 2Add the onion and garlic and stirfry for 30 seconds. Take care not to burn the garlic.
- 3Stir in peppers, broccoli, zucchini, and carrots. Stir fry for 3 more minutes.
- 4Add bean sprouts, brown sugar, soy sauce and vegetable stock (add chilli sauce and cashews here is desired).
- 5Add a dash of salt and pepper and cook an additional 2 minutes. Serve immediately with noodles or rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Chop Suey
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.8
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 529.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: