Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is another gem to add to your vegetarian collection. It is healthy, easy to make, and delicious. Adapted from "Cookshelf Vegetarian" Tip: Cut all vegetables the same size so they cook evenly.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 3⁄4 ounces broccoli florets
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 3 1⁄2 ounces bean sprouts
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cashews (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chili oil (optional)
- Heat oil in a wok until oil is almost smoking.
- Add the onion and garlic and stirfry for 30 seconds. Take care not to burn the garlic.
- Stir in peppers, broccoli, zucchini, and carrots. Stir fry for 3 more minutes.
- Add bean sprouts, brown sugar, soy sauce and vegetable stock (add chilli sauce and cashews here is desired).
- Add a dash of salt and pepper and cook an additional 2 minutes. Serve immediately with noodles or rice.
Excellent! As a new bride to a husband that's a vegetarian this was a big hit! Loved it and will do again very soon. Thanks!!
Do you want me to say this was good? Well, I can't...cuz it was GREAT!! I used all the ingredients except the soy sauce, which I replaces with chili sauce. I really did not measure things well, but this recipe is very forgiving. I served it along with Impera Magna's Scalloped Eggplant Scalloped (Aubergine) Eggplant and Jasmine rice. Added a glass of herbal ice tea as the finishing touch. What a great meal!