Recipe by Katanashrp
Simple snack that is sure to satisfy everyone in your party. If you don't have a mandolin, simply use a sharp knife to cut fine slices. From the 1000 Best Recipes cookbook.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Have made veggie chips before, but usually bake them in the oven! In spite of the deep frying here, these chips did turn out very nicely, & I particularly liked the sweet potato chips! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Run a vegetable peeler along the length of the sweet potato to create ribbons.
- Cut the beetroot into paper thin slices with a vegetable peeler, or knife.
- Cut the potato into thin slices using a mandolin slicer. (crinkle cut blade).
- Heat oil until cube of bread browns in 10 seconds.
- Cook the vegetables in batches for about 30 seconds, or until crispy.
- Drain on paper towels, and season with salt.
- Place the chips on a baking tray, and keep warm in the oven, while cooking the remaining vegetables.