Top Review by Fairy Nuff
Yum!! Not only is this tasty, it's healthy and low fat as well!! I cooked this on the stove top for about 50 minutes (I added a half a cup of water) before adding the beans and simmering for a further 10 minutes. I was unsure as to what to do with the jalapenos - I ended up dicing them and adding to the chilli.Served with mama's Cheesy Pita Crisps #141428 and a dollop of sour light cream. This has a lot of taste for minimum effort. I will try the microwave method next time.Thanks Jellyqueen!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (19 ) can kidney beans
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin, Ground
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup celery, sliced diagonally
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered
- black pepper, Freshly Ground
- 1 red peppers or 1 green pepper
- 1 pinch granulated sugar
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- mozzarella cheese, Shredded
- 1 (28 ) can tomatoes, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large 3 quart casserole dish, combine the oil, onion, garlic, carrots and celery.
- Microwave covered at High for 7 to 8 minutes or until vegetable are almost tender.
- Add zucchini, peppers, canned tomatoes including liquid, kidney beans including, chili powder, cumin and oregano.
- Microwave covered at High for 16 to 18 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Let stand, covered for 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and pinch of sugar.
- Ladle chili into warm soup bowls; sprinkle with shredded cheddar or mozzarella and serve.