Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Your family will love this pleasantly spiced hearty chili chowder.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 sweet green pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained and pureed
- 1 (19 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 1 cup corn kernel
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Cook onion, green pepper and garlic for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add chili powder and cumin.
- Cook, stirring for one minute.
- Add tomatoes, kidney beans, potatoes, corn, and chicken stock.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender and chowder has thickened.
- Stir in parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.