Top Review by Renee Salamun
Very good recipe. I also would suggest omitting or reducing the cinnamon and possibly adding more black pepper or red pepper. I included artichoke hearts, stewing them in the vegetable broth before adding the other ingredients...delightful meal!
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup green onion, Sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin, Ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, Ground
- 3 cups tomatoes, Chopped
- 2 cups yellow squash, Chopped
- 2 cups zucchini, Chopped
- 1 cup canned vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 19 ounces cannellini beans or 19 ounces white beans, (1 can) drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add green onions and garlic; saute 2 minutes.
- Add chili powder, cumin, and cinnamon; saute, 30 seconds.
- Add tomato and next 5 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes.
- Stir in beans; cook 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.