Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup green onion, Sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin, Ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, Ground
- 3 cups tomatoes, Chopped
- 2 cups yellow squash, Chopped
- 2 cups zucchini, Chopped
- 1 cup canned vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 19 ounces cannellini beans or 19 ounces white beans, (1 can) drained
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add green onions and garlic; saute 2 minutes.
- Add chili powder, cumin, and cinnamon; saute, 30 seconds.
- Add tomato and next 5 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes.
- Stir in beans; cook 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Very good recipe. I also would suggest omitting or reducing the cinnamon and possibly adding more black pepper or red pepper. I included artichoke hearts, stewing them in the vegetable broth before adding the other ingredients...delightful meal!
This is one of the best veggie chili recipes I've tried. I added red pepper flakes for more of a kick, and the next time I make it, I will probably reduce or leave out the cinnamon. Overall, very good recipe!
delicious when modified by substituting white pepper for the cinnamon, and adding a chopped fresh jalapeno