Found this recipe when searching for black bean recipes for DD. Recipe is from Knorr.
Make and share this Vegetable Chicken With Black Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded lightly (about 1-1/4 lbs.)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package vegetable soup mix (Knorr Recipe Classics)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced basil leaves
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and cook chicken, turning once, 8 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In same skillet, add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in water, Knorr Recipe Classics Vegetable Soup, Dip and Recipe Mix, beans and tomatoes. Bring to a boil over high heat and continue boiling 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in sour cream. Return chicken to skillet and cook 1 minute or until heated through. Sprinkle with basil and serve, if desired, with hot cooked rice.
This had a nice flavor and was fairly easy to prepare, liked the combination of black beans and chicken.