Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this recipe when searching for black bean recipes for DD. Recipe is from Knorr.
Make and share this Vegetable Chicken With Black Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded lightly (about 1-1/4 lbs.)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package vegetable soup mix (Knorr Recipe Classics)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced basil leaves
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and cook chicken, turning once, 8 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In same skillet, add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in water, Knorr Recipe Classics Vegetable Soup, Dip and Recipe Mix, beans and tomatoes. Bring to a boil over high heat and continue boiling 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in sour cream. Return chicken to skillet and cook 1 minute or until heated through. Sprinkle with basil and serve, if desired, with hot cooked rice.
This had a nice flavor and was fairly easy to prepare, liked the combination of black beans and chicken.