From Weeknight Cooking Made Easy 2007
Make and share this Vegetable Chicken Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 dash ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower floret
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 cup fresh snow peas or 1 cup frozen snow peas
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Combine cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until smooth and set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the chicken, garlic and ginger 1 tablespoon oil about 4-5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Stir-fry broccoli, cauliflower and carrots in 1 tablespoon oil for 4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add snow peas and stir-fry 2 more minutes.
- Stir broth mixture and add to the pan
- Bring to a boil and cook and stir for 1 minute until thickened.
- Add chicken and heat through.
- Top with sesame seeds.
this was delicious over a bed of boiled white rice. added a little salt to liven things up and it was just what i was craving. i will be making this recipe again and again!!
My Dh really liked this but he also loves soy sauce. I liked it but thought it needed something else it had a lot more soy sauce flavor than I was expecting. I did have to add more cornstarch to get it to thicken up.
This was a very good stir fry. I added mushrooms to the recipe. I also think the preparation time could have been cut back by using a bag of stir fry vegetables. Nice recipe.