Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A chicken-broth soup brimming with a variety of vegetables and chunks of chicken. Easy, simple and very healthy.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked & chopped into chunks
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced diagonally
- 2 medium red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 cups baby carrots, sliced digonally
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 cup green beans, frozen
- 1 cup peas, frozen
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth (fat free is good)
- 2 cups white beans, cooked
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sodium-free seasoning
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- In a large saucepan, melt butter on med-hi heat.
- Toss in the onions and garlic and parsley and sizzle until limp and a bit browned.
- Add spices, zuchinni, potatoes, carrots, chicken chunks, water and chicken broth.
- Cook on medium for 20-30 minutes.
- Turn heat to low, add peas and green beans and let simmer about 10 minutes.
- Add white beans just before serving.
- Love it!