- 6 chicken bouillon cubes
- 6 cups water
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups medium cheddar, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve chicken bouillon cubes in 6 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil in large sauce pan.
- Add onion, celery, and carrots to chicken broth.
- Simmer until tender. About 15 minutes.
- While veggies are simmering,melt butter on low to medium heat and add flour blending to a roux.
- Remove from heat.
- When vegetables are tender add the roux and blend well.
- Add the cheese, stirring to melt.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened.