Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a nice change of pace from lettuce salads. I love the creamy dressing. Cook time is chill time.
- 2 cups cubed monterey jack cheese or 2 cups cheddar cheese, and or 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced, white and green
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- In a bowl, combine cheeses, cucumber, tomato, onion and peppers.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon and lime juices, garlic, mustard and seasonings; mix well.
- Pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Chill for one hour.
- Servie in a lettuce lined bowl, if desired.
This was really good. I added some lighlty steamed broccoli that needed to be eaten. I accidentally got too much Splenda (sugar substitute) in the dressing so I added more Dijon and some white wine vinegar to tone it down. Quick, easy and tatsy!