Recipe by kleigh83
The gourmet market/ cafe' that I used to work at had this great vegetable bisque. I wish that I had the original recipe from there. Surprisingly this is the only vegetable bisque recipe that I have since been able to find. If you know of any others I'd be thrilled to know about them! **if you like this, you can also try using reduced-fat Havarti, Colby, or Gouda**
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped leek (white part only)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 1⁄2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 (14 1/4 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 3 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 3 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 1 medium potato (peeled and diced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese (4oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat until hot.
- Add leeks and cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add garlic and cook 15 seconds or until fragrant.
- Stir in flour and cook 1 minute.
- Add milk, broth, broccoli, cauliflower, potato, salt and pepper (mix well). Reduce heat to low; partially cover and simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add cheese; stir until melted.