Recipe by mommyoffour
This is a good meatless quiche recipe. I like making quiche for breakfast on a holiday for that extra special meal.
- 1 (15 ounce) refrigerated pie crusts
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups frozen peppers and onions, stir fry mix drained
- 4 ounces mushroom stems and pieces
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425.
- Place pie crust in 9 inch pie pan as directed on pkg. for one crust filled pie.
- Bake at 425 for 5 to 7 minutes or just until edge begins to brown.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine cheese and flour; toss to coat.
- Add bell pepper and onion stir fry and mushrooms; toss to mix.
- Remove partially baked crust from oven; reduce oven temperature to 375.
- Spoon cheese mixture into partially baked crust.
- In same bowl, combine all remaining ingredients; beat until well blended.
- Pour over cheese mixture.
- Return to oven; bake at 375 for an additional 35 to 45 minutes or until filling is puffed and knife inserted in cinter comes out clean.
- If necessarey, cover edge of crust with strips of foil diuring last 15 to 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning.
- Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.