Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this recipe from a co-worker about 10 years ago. I taken it to several dinners and everyone loves it. It's very easy to make and requires very little prep time.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots)
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup sour cream
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) bagof grated cheese, of your choice (I use mild cheddar)
- 1 (4 ounce) package Ritz crackers, crushed (1 sleeve)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook vegetables according to package instructions, but not completely done.
- In separate bowl mix soup and mayonnaise together and set aside.
- Add to a buttered casserole dish, 1 layer of vegetables, 1/2 onions, 1/2 soup mix and 1/2 cheese.
- Repeat layers ending with cheese on top.
- Top off with crushed Ritz crackers and dot with butter or margarine.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
I made this for a huge group of picky eaters on Thanksgiving. They swore off green been casserole for holidays now. What a hit. I changed it a bit by using fresh asparagus and mushrooms & omitting the onion. I also used all low fat ingredients. I highly recommend this.
We thought this was very good. I did add some more broccoli. It was just right. Thanks for posting this recipe.
I made this for dinner tonight and it was very good. I used mixed Italian style veggies and cream of celery soup because that was I had on hand . Also, I used sour cream. A yummy keeper. I will definately make it again. thanks for posting.