Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great side dish.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables (microwave about 10 minutes and drain)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts (drained)
- 1⁄4 lb butter or 1⁄4 lb margarine
- 2 cups herb stuffing mix
- Pour vegetables in baking dish.
- Mix cheese, mayonnaise, onion, celery and water chestnuts.
- Pour on top of vegetables.
- Mix butter with stuffing and spread on top.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 40 minutes until bubbly.
Wow I can't believe nobody tried this.We loved it.For the herb stuffing I used Pepperidge farms.WE cooked till they were a deep golden brown.We even ran out of onion and we sprinkled a geneous amount of dry onion when mixing cheese and etc. Thanks for the great keeper recipe we will use over and over.