1/3 Photos of Vegetable Casserole
1 hr 10 mins
Courtesy of www.horseradish.org I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 354.88 ml fresh corn or 354.88 ml frozen corn
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml green pepper, cut into strips
- 118.29 ml water
- 236.59 ml summer squash or 236.59 ml zucchini, diced
- 1 large tomato, chopped coarsely
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 158.51 ml cornmeal
- 118.29 ml milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3.30 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 44.37 ml prepared horseradish
- tomato, slices Garnish
- green pepper ring, Garnish
- 1In a medium sauce pan, combine corn, onion, ½ cup green pepper and water.
- 2Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Do not drain.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, combine squash, tomato, 3/4 cup cheese, cornmeal, milk, eggs, salt, pepper and horseradish.
- 4Add undrained cooked vegetables to cornmeal mixture.
- 5Mix well; turn into a greased 1½ quart casserole.
- 6Bake uncovered in a 350° oven for 45-50 minutes.
- 7Garnish with remaining cheese, tomato and green pepper slices.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.0
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 69.8 mg
- Sodium 334.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 7.9 g