Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Courtesy of www.horseradish.org I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds delicious.
Make and share this Vegetable Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 354.88 ml fresh corn or 354.88 ml frozen corn
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml green pepper, cut into strips
- 118.29 ml water
- 236.59 ml summer squash or 236.59 ml zucchini, diced
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped coarsely
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 158.51 ml cornmeal
- 118.29 ml milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3.30 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 44.37 ml prepared horseradish
- tomatoes, slices Garnish
- green pepper ring, Garnish
- In a medium sauce pan, combine corn, onion, ½ cup green pepper and water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Do not drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine squash, tomato, 3/4 cup cheese, cornmeal, milk, eggs, salt, pepper and horseradish.
- Add undrained cooked vegetables to cornmeal mixture.
- Mix well; turn into a greased 1½ quart casserole.
- Bake uncovered in a 350° oven for 45-50 minutes.
- Garnish with remaining cheese, tomato and green pepper slices.
Yummy! I used red onion and red bell pepper, zucchini, white cornmeal and everything else according to the recipe. I used freshly made horseradish sauce from Fresh Horseradish Sauce. The vegetables were all wonderful and crisp tender. I thought the horseradish would have more of a presence but it was more of a background flavor enhancer. This was also very colorful...beautiful! I will be making this again! Thanks for the recipe.