Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Creamy, cheesy, delicious! An excellent way to get kids to eat their veggies!
- 4 cups mixed vegetables (your favourite)
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 slices buttered bread, cubed
- Place thawed, heated vegetables in casserole dish.
- In saucepan, melt butter. Add flour, salt and pepper; cook and stir until it forms a paste.
- Remove from heat and gradually whisk in milk. Return to heat; boil and thicken. Remove from heat and whisk in cheese until melted.
- Pour over veggies in casserole dish. Top with buttered bread cubes. Bake at 325F for 30 minutes.
Excellent recipe!. I used frozen string beans mixed half and half with frozen mixed vegetables. And I loved the toasted buttery bread cubes on top..the casserole took about 40 minutes to finish. Thanks CrystalB. I will make again.
i absolultely love this recipe! everytime I make it i get compliments. a great way to eat frozen veggies!