Recipe by Sharon123
Mushrooms, onion, and kidney beans are a few of the ingredients that make up the fiber-rich filling in these tasty burritos! The recommended amount of fiber for most people is 20 to 35 grams a day.
Top Review by pattikay in L.A.
Great combo, Sharon! With all the different flavors and textures, I certainly didn't feel it needed any meat added in. I did add some jalapeno and some corn, as well as chili powder, cumin and oregano. Delicious! Thanks for posting.
- 4 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (1 pound)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped ripe olives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chunky salsa, divided
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- parsley or cilantro, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook first 4 ingredients in oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until tender.
- Remove from heat; drain.
- Combine cooked vegetables, drained kidney beans, olives, and pepper.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup bean mixture evenly down center of each tortilla.
- Top with 1 tbls.
- sour cream, 1 tbls salsa, and 1 tbls cheese; fold opposite sides over filling.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with cooking spray.
- Heat over medium-high heat until hot.
- Cook tortillas, seam-side down, 1 minute on each side or until thoroughly heated.
- Top with 1 tbls salsa.
- Garnish with parsley or cilantro if desired.
- Yield: 8 servings.