Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) candiced tomatoes with mushrooms and garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1⁄2 cup dry onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- In a large saucepan, brown the ground beef. Drain off excess fat. Stir in remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
On 12/17/12 I needed something quick and easy for mine and my SO's dinner, and decided to try this recipe. Due to what was on hand a few changes had to be made to the recipe, 1 14.5 ounce can of Italian Style diced tomatoes were used instead of the mushroom and garlic tomatoes. Only used an 8 ounce can of tomato sauce, 2 1/2 cups of water,1 packet of onion soup mix. I did use the full amount of ground beef,which while browning about 3/4 th. cup of finely diced celery was added. The meat while browning was also seasoned with a bit of smoky flavored seasoned salt and ground black pepper. Also used about a cup of leftover mixed vegetables. After the first 15 minutes, I let it simmer for at least another 20 minutes on a low boil. And I'm really glad that I did, it just seemed to make the flavors of the soup to be more intense : ) . My SO and I both give this recipe a " Good Solid 4 ****'s ". Thanks for posting a recipe that I'll make again. " Keep Smiling :) "