Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this in the magazine "The Best of Mr. Food 15-Minute Recipes". For a quick meal it is pretty good and quick to make. I did change it a little. I use regular brown rice, fresh minced garlic and ginger and chicken stock instead of bouillon and water. I have listed the ingredients from the magazine. You could add any cooked meat to make it a complete dinner.
- 3 1⁄2 ounces boil-in-bag brown rice
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons cashew halves
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli, peppers, onions and mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add cashews and cook, stirring constantly, until lightly browned; remove from skillet, and set aside.
- Add frozen vegetables to skillet, and cook, stirring constantly, 6-9 minutes or until tender.
- Combine cornstarch and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl; stir in water and soy sauce. Add to vegetables in skillet; cook, stirring constantly, 4 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in cashews and serve immediately over rice.