Recipe by Patchwork Dragon
If you can't get the Baharat Spice Blend, you can use half and half cumin and cayenne pepper. They are good hot or cold.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100 g butternut squash, peeled and grated
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 large courgette, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon baharat, spice blend
- salt and pepper
- 6 sheets phyllo pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- oil, for brushing
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Cook the vegetables for about 10 mins until softened.
- Stir in the spice blend, and season.
- Separate the sheets of filo into two piles of 3.
- Cut each pile into 3 lengthways and then each strip in half crossways.
- So you should have 12 little piles of 3 sheets each.
- Put a heaped teaspoon of veggie mix in the bottom corner the strip.
- Fold over to make a triangle and then continue folding so you end up with what looks like a little samosa.
- Use a little beaten egg to seal the last bit.
- Brush with oil and put on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until golden.