Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
Make and share this Vegetable Breakfast Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups loose-pack frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed (or frozen country-style hash brown potatoes with skin, thawed)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 4 eggs (or 1 cup refrigerated egg product such as Egg Beaters)
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 (12 inch) Boboli pizza crusts
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray; preheat skillet over medium heat.
- Add in potatoes, mushrooms, carrot, zucchini, and onion (season with salt and pepper); cook/stir 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a bowl, stir together eggs and milk; pour over vegetables.
- Cook, without stirring, until the mixture begins to set on the bottom and around the edge.
- Using a spatula or large spoon, lift and fold the partially cooked egg mixture so the uncooked portion flows underneath.
- Continue cooking and folding about 4 minutes or until egg mixture is cooked through but sill glossy and moist; remove from heat.
- Assemble pizza: place pizza crust on a 12-inch pizza pan; sprinkle with half of the cheese; top with egg mixture, tomato, and remaining cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 375° oven for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Breakfast for dinner, yum! All great components, and love the effect of having potatoes on pizza, and hashbrowns at that.
Great choice of toppings...I was amazed how good this was with so little cheese and no added spices or herbs. If you are concerned about zucchini for breakfast, don't be...it is undetectable, and so nice to have veggies for breakfast! This reheats O.K. in a toaster oven but is best on the first morning.