Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A quick and easy way to a delicious soup using canned broth. This is really good! Recipe origin unknown.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- salt and pepper
- Brown ground beef in oil.
- Stir frequently to break up large pieces.
- Drain off fat.
- Add rice, tomatoes, beef broth and water.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and lower to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add mixed vegetables and cook 10 minutes longer.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
As written this was just OK for us. It was very brothy as written. I did make this again with a bunch of changes. I used a pound of beef and did not cook it in oil. I kept the rice and beef broth measurements the same. I used a can of crushed tomatoes instead of diced tomatoes. I didn't add the extra water and I thawed the mixed veggies. With all the changes, we enjoyed it. I love veggie soup and adding the rice was a nice change. I think it could have used more rice maybe a cup.