Top Review by linguinelisa
I made this for the I Recommend Cooking Game. We thought this was a good recipe. I made it with broccoli, carrots and onions but for me 2 cups of julienned carrots is too much. Next time I will add more soy sauce as I couldn't really taste it in the dish.
- 3⁄4 lb boneless beef sirloin, cubed
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups julienned carrots
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1⁄3 cup sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big skillet or wok, heat 2 teaspoons of oil until hot.
- Stir-fry steak until no longer pink; remove steak but keep warm.
- In the same pan, heat the rest of the oil; add the next 4 ingredients and stir-fry until veggies are crisp-tender; remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, add cornstarch, broth, sherry, water, soy sauce and ginger; stir until smooth.
- Return beef to the pan with the veggies; stir in cornstarch mixture.
- Bring mixture to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add tomatoes and cook until heated through.
- Serve over rice.