Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick to make, healthy, and tasty too -- if you can't find chinese cabbage, just use spinach leaves. Each serving has 169 calories and 7 g of fat.
- 8 ounces top round steaks, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 medium carrots, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 8 ounces bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups Chinese cabbage, shredded
- Trim fat from beef and partially freeze.
- Thinly slice across the grain into matchstick-sized shreds.
- For sauce, stir together the soy sauce, water, green onions, sugar, cornstarch, sesame seeds, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and pepper, and set aside.
- Cook rice.
- Meanwhile, spray cold wok with nonstick spray and preheat over medium heat.
- Add carrots to wok and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the onion wedges and stir fry 3 minutes more.
- Add the bamboo shoots and stir fry 1 minute more or til veggies are crisp-tender.
- Remove veggies and add beef to wok.
- Stir fry 2-3 minutes.
- Push beef from center of wok to side and stir sauce, then add to center of wok.
- Cook & stir til sauce is thick and bubbly.
- Stir in meat, add veggies back in, and stir in cabbage.
- Stir all ingredients together to coat and heat thoroughly.
- Serve over rice.