Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Cooking Light 2005
Make and share this Vegetable Beef Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 9.85 ml vegetable oil
- 453.59 g beef stew meat
- 396.89 g can low sodium beef broth
- 340.19 g bottle beer
- 354.88 ml cubed peeled baking potatoes
- 0 cubed peeled turnip (about 2 medium)
- 236.59 ml thinly sliced leek (about 1 large)
- 236.59 ml slice carrot
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 59.14 ml water
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
- fresh thyme sprig (optional)
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add beef, and cook 5 minutes, browning on all sides.
- Add beef broth and next 9 ingredients (broth through black pepper), stirring to combine; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaf and thyme sprigs.
- Combine 1/4 cup water, flour, lemon juice, and sugar, stirring well with a whisk. Add flour mixture to beef mixture, stirring constantly; bring to a boil.
- Cook 3 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in parsley. Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.