Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Cooking Light, I can't wait to try it with Guinness Stout used for the beer.
Make and share this Vegetable Beef Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 14 ounces low sodium beef broth
- 12 ounces beer
- 1 1⁄2 cups baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup turnip, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup leek, thinly sliced, about 1 large
- 1 cup carrot, in 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in a dutch oven over med-high. Add beef and cook 5 min, browning on all sides. Add broth and next 9 ingreds, stirring to combine; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 45 min or til veggies and meat are tender, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaf and thyme sprigs.
- Combine 1/4 c water, flour, lemon juice and sugar stirring well with a whisk. Add flour mixture to beef mixture, stirring constantly; bring to a boil. Cook 3 min or til slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in parsley.