Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
South Beach Diet Phase 2
- 1⁄2 lb lean chunks stew meat
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- green beans, chopped (or other green veggies)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can butter beans (drain liquid from the can first)
- 4 -6 cups V8 vegetable juice (add one cup water for every 4 C. V-8 used)
- salt & pepper
- In your stew pot add a little oil and just brown the meat on all sides.
- To that add the onion and garlic, cook and stir until softened.
- Then add the V-8 (add one cup water for every 4°C V-8 used).
- Now add your other ingredients, cover and turn heat to just above simmer for 30 minutes or longer.
- I use a pressure cooker and it's done in 20 minutes.