Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A hot soup for those chilly nights. A loaf of crusty bread to dunk in your bowl - oh yeah! This is winter comfort food at this house - especially after a day at the ski hill. Sometimes I will throw some barley in for a change. Try it - I think you'll like it.
- 1 lb stew meat, cut into 1/2 ",cubes (I prefer the premium stew meat)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- In a slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high for 6 hours.
- Add vegetables, cover and cook for 2 hours longer or until meat and vegetables are tender.
I make this exact recipe except for replacing the tomatoes with Rotel tomatoes and green chilis. Try it for a spicier version.
Good easy basic soup recipe. Easily converted to the stove top.
Very good soup/stew which we enjoyed. I only used one onion and cut up a few baby potatoes, otherwise made as directed. Thanks for sharing!