Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can string beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can green peas
- 1 (15 ounce) can lima beans
- 3 onions
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes with juice
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can carrots
- 6 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 bay leaf
- assorted fresh vegetable (according to taste)
- Cut beef into cubes, add water.
- Peel onions, slice and add to water.
- Boil until done.
- Drain water, add tomatoes, can of juice, all the veggies and meat cubes.
- Simmer until done.
- Season to taste.
I used the same ingredients (with the exception of the corn which I skipped)but I used fresh veggies. The lima's were frozen because I use then very seldom and I just keep a very small bag in the freezer. We all enjoyed the mix and flavor. I have plenty to freeze in freezer bags for later. :D