Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Winter meal at Grandma's accompanied by homemade cornbread!
- 1 lb lean beef roast, cut into small cubes
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet corn
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans (drained)
- 1 (16 ounce) cancut okra (drained)
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced thin
- 6 bouillon cubes
- 6 cups water
- salt and pepper
- Brown meat in small amount of oil.
- Remove and cook onions and celery till tender.
- Add all ingredients.
- Cook until carrots are tender at a low simmer.
- **You can add cabbage or potatoes.
- **Potatoes will thicken it like a stew. Add any diced potatoes at the same time as the rest of ingredients.
I fixed it last month, and it was so good, but I can't eat that much of salt but I have adjusted the recipe some to accomadate my low sodium diet. It has turned out good too. I used 1 box of beef stock in stead of the 6 bouillon cubes.