- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes, broken up, with juice
- 10 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat cooking oil over medium heat in large saucepan and add ground beef.
- Scramble fry until browned and crumbly. You can drain the hamburger and add back to pot, that is up to you.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir, bringing to a boil.
- Cover and boil slowly, turning down heat as needed.
- Simmer about 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender but not too soft.
- Serve with crackers, rolls or sandwiches.