Prep 25 mins
Cook 9 hrs
- 1 lb boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 ounce onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large skillet brown beef pieces,about half at a time in hot oil.
- Drain off fat.
- In a 3-4 quart crock pot combine beef and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8-10 hours.
Love this soup. The Mother in law taught me how to make this but she uses beef suitt in with the roast then takes it out when it is clear.
This was easy to make and had wonderful flavor. This is a keeper in my house. My DH i a big soup fan and really liked this one (ate half the crockpot). Thanks Theresa!