Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe started out as the "famous" Weight Watchers vegetable soup recipe. I have modified it to our tastes. It is still low calorie and guilt free. We make this every winter now and have it for lunch everyday. It's just too hard to try to eat a cold sandwich on a snowy winter day. The beef broth that I use is very low sodium...so you might want to skip the salt if yours has alot of sodium. You could also use chicken broth or vegetable broth for a change of pace.
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups nonfat beef broth
- 1⁄2 head green cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans great northern beans, with liquid
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Spray a large pot with non-stick spray. Saute carrot and onion until soft. Add garlic and saute for a few more minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer 15 minutes.