Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
My kids grew up on this soup and still ask for it. I made it for a recent potluck and was deluged with requests for the recipe. I almost hated to give it out because it's so simple and uses canned ingredients almost exclusively! I make it in a slow cooker these days, but always made it in a Dutch oven on the stove top when my boys were younger.
- 1 (32 ounce) can vegetable juice (V-8)
- 3 (29 ounce) cans Veg-All, drained
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef consomme
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 2 (12 ounce) cans roast beef in gravy
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- Place all ingredients in 6 quart crockpot except noodles.
- Cook noodles in boiling water for 4 minutes (they will not be done).
- Drain and stir into soup.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Turn to high and cook an additional 1-2 hours.