Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Great and easy vegetable beef soup from my grandmother.
- 2 lbs stew meat, trimmed of fat
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 -3 stalks celery, diced
- 1⁄4 green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄3 cup baby lima beans (butter beans)
- 1⁄4 cup rice
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 3 small bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- Sear stew meat over high heat in a large pot on the stove.
- Combine remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cook on medium heat for 3 hours.
- Enjoy. (Leftovers can be easily frozen).