Prep 12 mins
Cook 30 mins
My garden runneth over...I've searched and searched for a recipe to use a little of all of my garden bounty and this came up. Adapted from a recipe in Southern Living Cookbook. I served this with a pan of cornbread with honey butter. Delish!! *The key to this dish is to use freshest vegetables you can.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 15 ounces butter beans
- 2 ears corn on the cob
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled
- Cook ground chuck until browned in a large skillet, stirring to crumble. Drain.
- Return beef to skillet; add onion.
- Partially drain butter beans and add to skillet.
- Cut corn off cob and add kernels to skillet.
- Snap green beans (if desired) and add to skillet with garlic salt & pepper.
- Stir to mix well, reduce heat to low heat.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Peel and coarsely chop tomatoes.
- Remove cover, add tomatoes and continue to cook 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.