Prep 18 mins
Cook 15 mins
This comes from Better Homes and Gardens. Haven't tried it yet but can't wait to!
Make and share this Vegetable Beef Potpie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 13 7⁄8 ounces refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400. In a 10 inch skillet cook ground beef, carrots and onion about 8 minutes or until beef is browned and carrots are tender. Drain fat. Stir in chili powder, salt and pepper. Add tomatoes, bring to boiling. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until liquid is nearly evaporated.
- Meanwhile, unroll pizza dough. Cut into 1-inch strips. In a small bowl combine egg and water.
- Spoon meat mixture into individual 16-oz casseroles. Top with strips of pizza dough (Think a braided apple pie type crust on top); trim to fit. Brush dough with egg mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.