Prep 18 mins
Cook 15 mins
This comes from Better Homes and Gardens. Haven't tried it yet but can't wait to!
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 13 7⁄8 ounces refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400. In a 10 inch skillet cook ground beef, carrots and onion about 8 minutes or until beef is browned and carrots are tender. Drain fat. Stir in chili powder, salt and pepper. Add tomatoes, bring to boiling. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until liquid is nearly evaporated.
- Meanwhile, unroll pizza dough. Cut into 1-inch strips. In a small bowl combine egg and water.
- Spoon meat mixture into individual 16-oz casseroles. Top with strips of pizza dough (Think a braided apple pie type crust on top); trim to fit. Brush dough with egg mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.