1/1 Photo of Vegetable Beef Casserole
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 20 mins
This one dish meal is great for family, potlucks, etc. The original recipe came from Low Fat Country Cooking but I tweaked it with a few additions. It's a real down home dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium red potatoes, unpeeled, sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 cups fresh green beans (frozen can be substituted)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground round, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- garlic powder
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 -1 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1In a 3 quart casserole (I use a 9 x 13 pyrex dish), layer half the potatoes, carrots, celery, green beans and onion.
- 2Crumble half the uncooked beef over vegetables.
- 3Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon each thyme and pepper, sprinkle with salt and garlic powder to taste.
- 4Repeat layers.
- 5Top with tomatoes.
- 6Cover and bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
- 7Reduce heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 8Bake about 1 hour longer or until vegetables are tender and meat is done.
- 9Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Beef Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.4
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 55.0 mg
- Sodium 163.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 16.2 g