Vegetable, Bean, and Quinoa Salad With Avocado Dressing
- Soak the quinoa in plenty of water for about 15 minutes, and then rinse several times. Bring 1 cup of water to boil, add quinoa, and simmer covered for 20 minutes, until water is absorbed and quinoa is fluffy. Set quinoa aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mash avocado flesh with juice from 1/2 of the lime. Add sour cream, chili powder, and garlic salt and mix well. chili powder and garlic salt amounts can be adjusted according to your preference.
- Rinse beans and add to avocado mixture, along with corn (rinse first if using canned or frozen). Cut tomatoes in half and add to avocado, bean, and corn mixture.
- Cut bell pepper into thin slices about 1 inch long. Trim woody ends from asparagus and cut spears into pieces 1/2 to 1 inch long. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and add olive oil. when oil is hot add peppers and asparagus. Sprinkle vegetables with juice from remaining lime half and with sea salt. Cook vegetables for just a few minutes, until they are slightly softened but still bright green. Stir vegetables occasionally as they cook. Remove pan from heat.
- Add quinoa to avocado mixture and mix well. Then add peppers and asparagus and again mix well. At this time the taste may be adjusted by the addition of more salt. Chill in fridge before serving.
- Serve with hot sauce on the side (such as tabasco) for those who like more heat.